Prof.dr.eng. Carmen TEODOSIU
“Gheorghe Asachi” Tehnical University of Iasi (TUIASI)
“Cristofor Simionescu” Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection
Head of Department Environmental Engineering and Management
Coordinator of Laboratory of Environmental Factors Analysis and Control (LACMED)
Researcher ID: E-2693-2012
|1976-1981||Chemical Engineer diploma, Faculty of Chemical Technology Iasi, Polytehnic Institute Iasi (TUIASI)|
|1994-1995||International post-graduate course in Environmental Science and Technology, Diploma with distinction, International Institute for Infrastructure, Hydraulics and Environmental Engineering (UNESCO-IHE), The Netherlands.|
|1995-1996||Master of Science with distinction in Environmental Science and Technology, International Institute for Infrastructure, Hydraulics and Environmental Engineering (UNESCO-IHE), The Netherlands.|
|1990-1998||PhD programme in the domain of Chemistry, “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iasi (PhD thesis title: “Optimization of advanced wastewater treatment for the removal of non-biodegradable organic pollutants and suspended solids”)|
|2001- present||Research stages and invited professor at universities in: Technical University Munchen, Germany; Technical University of Denmark, Denmark; Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands; University of Manchester, Great Britain; Vienna University of Technology, Austria; Pannonia University Hungary; Politecnica de Catalunia, Spain; Politecnico di Torino, Italy; Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Italy; Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany etc. Short-term specialization courses at: Twente and Groningen Universities, The Netherlands; Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands; International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics, IIIEE Lund, Sweden; University of London and City University, Great Britain.|
- In Environmental Engineering domain, from August 2009, according to the Order of Minister of Education, Research and Innovation 4697/14.08.2009;
- in Chemical Engineering domain, from December 2005, according to the conform Order of Minister of Education and Research 5658/12.12.2005;
- 13 PhD candidates have obtained the doctoral title under my supervision from 2005- present.
|1981-1989||Iasi||Synthetic Fibers and Yarns Plant, TEROM||Engineer|
|1989-1990||Iasi||Chemical Engineering Faculty, TUIASI||Acting Assistant|
|1990-1996||Iasi||Chemical Engineering Faculty, TUIASI||Assistant (titular position)|
|1996-2000||Iasi||Chemical Engineering Faculty, TUIASI||Lecturer|
|2000- 2002||Iasi||Chemical Engineering Faculty, TUIASI||Associate professor|
|2002-present||Iasi||Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection Faculty, TUIASI||Professor|
|2013-present||Iasi||Laboratory of Environmental Factors Analysis and Control (LACMED), “Cristofor Simionescu” Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection||Coordinator|
Scientific research activitiesResearch interests:
- Advanced Wastewater Treatment Processes (membrane processes, catalytic processes, advanced oxidation, adsorption/biosorption);
- Water Treatment Processes for drinking or industrial use;
- Integrated Water Resources Management/ Integrated Environmental Management;
- Environmental and sustainability assessments (water footprint, life cycle assessments, water and carbon footprint sustainability indicators); Pollution Prevention in industrial activities;
- Waste management and valorization, wastewater recycling and reuse in the context of circular economy;
- Process Modeling and Optimization in chemical and environmental processes.
– Books and chapters published by Publishing Houses recognized at national/international level: 25;
– Manuals edited locally (hand-outs for Master Programmes or Post-graduate courses): 9;
– Articles published in international peer-reviewed journals (ISI ranked, ISI Web of Knowledge, included in international data bases) or volumes/proceedings:
– 167 (from which 143 articles publised in ISI and international peer-reviewed journals);
– OSIM awarded patents: 8;
– Conferences/key-note lectures presented at international/national recognized conferences: 127;
– Citations in ISI journals: 1210;
– HIRSCH index (H-index): 18 (in ISI Web of Science and Scopus); H=22 (in Google Scholar);
– New technologies applied: 5;
– Research and development projects based on international and national grants: 132 projects, out of which
– 17 international grants (Prof. Teodosiu acted as grant manager/TUIASI project coordinator: 11 projects);
– 12 strategic projects with structural funding POSDRU, approx. 5 million Euro/ project (in 1 acting as project manager, for 3 being the scientific director, for 6 being the responsible for TUIASI partner project activities, for 2 POSDRU strategic projects nominated as an Expert);
– 104 Research and development projects based on national grants: projects gained in competitions such as CEEX, CNCSIS, PNCDI II and research contracts with industry/economic agents. In 52 of these projects Prof. Teodosiu have acted as project director, for other 35 projects acted as principal investigator/co-ordinated the research group.
– Coordinator of Laboratory of Environmental Factors Analysis and Control (LACMED), “Cristofor Simionescu” Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Protection. LACMED is accredited by RENAR under ISO17025 certification (certificate LI 1054/18.03.2015), www.lacmed.ro.
– Leader of the research group of Water, Wastewater& Solid waste engineering and management, consisting of 1 professor, 4 associate professors, 3 lecturers, 1 assistant, 4 post-doc researchers and 15 PhD students.
– Anghel Saligny Prize of the Romanian Academy (section Technical Sciences) for the group of articles published in ISI ranked journals (in 2015): Integrated studies for the assessment and pollution remediation in the water natural and antropic cycle. December 2017;
– Prize of Excellence in Research and „Gheorghe Asachi” Medals for the researcher with the best performances in research for the period 2014-2016, November 2017;
– Prizes (2) of Excellence in Research and „Gheorghe Asachi” Medals for the coordination of the research group which attracted the highest funding for research for the periods 2011-2013 (1 prize awarded in November 2014) and 2013-2015 (1 prize awarded in November 2016), TUIASI;
– Doctor Honoris Causa of the Pannonia University of Veszprem, Hungary, title received in June 2011.
Complementary academic responsabilities:
– Initiator and chairperson of the International Conference in Environmental Engineering and Management (ICEEM) which in 2019 will be at its 10th edition (www.iceem.ro); 3 ICEEM editions organized in Hungary, Austria and Italy;
– Reviewer of the ISI ranked journals in the Environmental Engineering domain: Water Research, Journal of Cleaner Production, Desalination and Water Treatment, Science of Total Environment, Journal of Membrane Science, Environmental Modelling and Software, Reviews in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Catalysis Today, Chemical Papers, Water Resources Management, Processes Safety and Environmental Protection, Applied Water Science, Ecological Indicators;
– Expert, member of the National Council for Research (CNCS), Order of the Minister of Education and Research no. 3011/2015 (Jan.2015- Nov.2016); President of the CNCS Engineering Sciences Committee;
– Expert, member of the CNATDCU Council (evaluation of doctoral degrees, titles and doctoral supervision) (2008 – 2010) and CNATDCU appeals committee (2012 – 2016), both for the Environmental Engineering Domain;
– Expert evaluator of the international research programs: Romania –Belgium, 2016; Republic of Moldova, 2015; Romania-Norway, SEE, 2014, 2015; 2016; Romania –Switzerland (Swiss National Science Foundation), 2012; Romania –France (Agence National de Recherche), 2012, 2013.